I was going so well with the 12wbt program, but last week was definitely a slip up.
I knew that today’s weigh in wasn’t going to be great, I expected a little weight gain, but I gained a whole kilo. I really hadn’t thought I’d done quite THAT badly, but apparently I had. So there was major disappointment to myself this morning when I looked at the scales and saw that the number had jumped right up. But there is nothing I can do about the week that has passed, so I can only look to the week ahead now and make sure that I pull my head back in, and focus again.
To that end, I really need to start keeping a track of my daily calories and food plan, which I haven’t really kept up the last couple of weeks. Also have been very disorganised in general, so need to sit down and work up a proper menu plan once again and do a big food shop. That will have to be tonight I think. Though I don’t quite know how I can fit both the gym and food shopping in arghhhhh. Perhaps I might do the food shopping, then come home and do Zumba. Seriously people I need more time in my life.
I shall advise of the outcome tonight…. Till then, happy weigh in everyone, and I hope you all do a hell of a lot better than I did. Silly Tina :/
Task 5 of the 12WBT challenge is to publicly declare our commitment to the program. To publicly declare our intention to adhere to the goals we have set. Did I mention publicly? This is a big thing for me, because I have always kept dieting and exercise pretty close to my chest, and not made a big deal about it. I think it was my safety net, because then if (no, not if – when) I failed I wouldn’t have to face the sad looks, the pitying looks, the accusing looks and words of everyone. And this time has been no different. I feel comfortable writing my commitment in the forums, I feel comfortable writing it here, my blog is still a pretty anonymous outlet for me, but to put it up somewhere like Facebook, well that’s a whole different issue for me. But one of my commitments is to put it onto Facebook – which I’m still working up to I admit. So to everyone out there, I give to you – My Commitment:
I make a commitment to myself, Michelle Bridges, my wonderful partner, family, friends and everyone involved in 12WBT that:
- I WILL lose 10kg over the 12WBT challenge
- I WILL follow Michelle’s plans – she knows her stuff or else why would I be here?
- I WILL get fitter and exercise at least 5 times a week (hey I’m realistic, I want to say 6, but I’m exercising maybe 1 or 2 times a week at the moment, so 5 is a big leap for me)
- I WILL NOT get halfway through the challenge and lose focus and “get bored” and quit
- I WILL stay happy, positive and motivated
- I WILL talk to my friends and support group if I feel I am losing it
- I WILL bite the bullet and put this up on Facebook, even though I have kept the 12WBT challenge quiet on there.
I make this commitment to everyone and will put my 120% in to get me to my goals. I (virtually) shake on this.